An Ode to Bar Carts (and why you need one this holiday season)
Out of all my home decor, I have a special love for my bar cart--and not just because it’s a piece of furniture dedicated to alcohol (because that would be quite the unfair advantage otherwise). No, I’ll give you multiple
By Julia DiPrete
My poor little bar cart was towards the back, priced at a whopping $10. It kinda deserved that price, based on its physical appearance. I actually managed to find a picture of its twin online, except the one in this picture is in WAY better shape:
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
2. Aesthetics: Bar carts look GOOD! As long as you do them right, of course.
3. Party on wheels: Why leave the party to mix up drinks when you could bring the drinks to the party?
4. Ageless: Ten years ago a bar cart made me feel adult and sophisticated, now it makes me feel young and hip. In ten years, who knows? I’m sure I’ll still love it!
And finally: They can be whatever you want them to be!
1. The cart itself, doable on any budget. Carts from high end stores are gorgeous, but for smaller budgets, scope out thrift stores.
2. A few attractive bottles, but obviously include what you’ll actually want to drink. Decanters are an easy way to make any spirit look classy.
3. Appropriate glassware based on the types of drinks you expect to make, but it’s ok to also just choose a few that look good. The gorgeous glassware on our 21Seeds bar cart is the artistry of Estelle Glassworks!
4. Accessories for entertaining. Any tools to make drinks are good to have on hand, such as shakers, but also stirrers, toothpicks, snack bowls, whatever you like to entertain with!
5. As a bonus, a little flair! Art, flowers, whatever fits your style–and if you’re a minimalist, that’s cool too.
To get you started, why not try a Seed & Soda bar cart?
Julia DiPrete is a freelance blog writer, former lawyer, unapologetic night owl, and true Xennial. When she’s not writing, she’s probably either parenting her only child (yep, one and done and very pleased with her decision, thanks for not asking), wrangling her three dogs, lifting weights, sipping her 21Seeds tequila, or finding excuses not to clean her house.November 24, 2021
21Seeds is an award-winning tequila infused with the juice of real fruit founded by 2 sisters and 1 girlfriend who were looking to make a flavored tequila that was as approachable as a glass of wine. They partnered with the most celebrated female-owned distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, to develop an ultra-smooth Blanco, infused with the ripest and juiciest fruits, resulting in an easy to use, perfectly balanced infused tequila.